• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • joe_db
    Afourian MVP
    • May 2009

It's Alive 2019

Fired her up yesterday and after coughing out the fogging oil residue she purred like a kitten
    No more freezing weather here, so Gentlemen Start Your Engines!
    Joe Della Barba
    Coquina
    C&C 35 MK I
    Maryland USA
  • toddster
    • Aug 2011

[IMG][/IMG]It did get above freezing here today. And the forecast says it will be 30 degrees warmer by the end of the week. Phew! I thought we had slipped into Game Of Thrones somehow! Got a box of new toys for the A4, if I can squeeze them in.
    Looks like the bilge pump did not survive the deep freeze. I hope everything else did.

Dunno... maybe the outlet froze and the pump overheated? Does a Rule 2000 have thermal protection?
    Last edited by toddster; 03-12-2019, 01:03 AM.

Comment

• GregH
      Afourian MVP
      • Jun 2015

[QUOTE=toddster;116004

Dunno... maybe the outlet froze and the pump overheated? Does a Rule 2000 have thermal protection?[/QUOTE]

The newer smaller Models do, but can't find anything in the literature with older models except no burn out from run-dry.
      Last edited by GregH; 03-13-2019, 09:03 AM.
      Greg
      1975 Alberg 30
      sigpic

Comment

• toddster
        • Aug 2011

Must be. It came back to life after a week of rest. A day wasn't enough.

Comment

• rickandlee
          • Nov 2016

Seasons End

Good to hear you guys are thawing out. Our sailing season, here, is over in a couple of weeks. The extremely loud, 100+ mph power boats start taking over in April.

So we will take a couple of months off then move the boat to Lake Coeur d'Alene for the summer season, then another couple of months off and back in the lake here. What does the shampoo bottle say "rinse and repeat".

Comment

• joe_db
            Afourian MVP
            • May 2009

GREAT sailing weather here Still doing spring cleaning though and I have to man up for a cold swim and clean the bottom Did I mention I hate cold water?
            Joe Della Barba
            Coquina
            C&C 35 MK I
            Maryland USA

Comment

• sastanley
              Afourian MVP
              • Sep 2008

I am almost ready...the first thing I am doing is hauling and painting. I had a reef last year and my local marina charged me as much for a short haul as I can haul wash and launch and do my own work from a neighboring marina. So, when I fire the old girl up it will be to get hauled.

Maybe two or three weeks.
              Last edited by sastanley; 03-16-2019, 11:01 PM.
              -Shawn
              "Holiday" - '89 Alura 35 #109
              "Twice Around" - '77 C-30, #511 with original A-4 & MMI manifold - SOLD! (no longer a two boat owner!!)
              sigpic

Comment

• BobMcD
                • Apr 2010

Unfortunately for us up here in the great white north, the bay is still frozen over, and launch is not till the 4th of May. Lots of ice on the lawn as well.....

Comment

• edwardc
                  Afourian MVP
                  • Aug 2009

I am SO enjoying our "year without winter".
                  It's in the upper 70s today here on Man O War cay in the Abacos.
                  @(^.^)@ Ed
                  1977 Pearson P-323 "Dolce Vita"
                  with rebuilt Atomic-4

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                  X