• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • joe_db
    Afourian MVP
    • May 2009

Isspro vacuum gauge

I just got one - arrived on my porch yesterday
    My current gauge is liquid filled and works quite well, but it is not the kind that mounts through a panel nor does it have a light. So with the Isspro, which does not have liquid filling, is it going to jump around and be hard to read? Does anyone have one and use a gauge snubber?
    Thanks!
    Joe Della Barba
    Coquina
    C&C 35 MK I
    Maryland USA
  • roadnsky
    Afourian MVP
    • Dec 2008

I've got one. Had it more than a year.
    Reads solid, no jumping, works great...
    Attached Files
    -Jerry

'Lone Ranger'
    sigpic
    1978 RANGER 30

Comment

• Dave Neptune
      Afourian MVP, Professor Emeritus
      • Jan 2007

Length!

Joe, when mounting I suggest going with copper line over the poly usually supplied. Also very important for smoothing the gage is use at least 2~3 feet of the tubing. This will give you a smooth needle at idle and perform very well.

Dave Neptune

Comment

• joe_db
        Afourian MVP
        • May 2009

It did not come with enough tube to reach the engine anyway, so I'll need something. I'll have maybe 8 feet total.

Originally posted by Dave Neptune View Post
        Joe, when mounting I suggest going with copper line over the poly usually supplied. Also very important for smoothing the gage is use at least 2~3 feet of the tubing. This will give you a smooth needle at idle and perform very well.

Dave Neptune
        Joe Della Barba
        Coquina
        C&C 35 MK I
        Maryland USA

Comment

• sastanley
          Afourian MVP
          • Sep 2008

Joe, I think I bought a kit at Amazon. It was for a different brand, but as long as it is designed for compression fittings in 1/8" NPT, if that is what the ISSPro gauge wants, you should be able to source tubing almost anywhere..perhaps even your local auto boutique?!?!?!
          -Shawn
          "Holiday" - '89 Alura 35 #109
          "Twice Around" - '77 C-30, #511 with original A-4 & MMI manifold - SOLD! (no longer a two boat owner!!)
          sigpic

Comment

Working...
          X