X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • southcoasting
    • Nov 2011

For Sale: Working Atomic 4 Engine from Tartan 34c

I am waiting for the yard to pull the engine but in the meantime, I am looking to sell my original raw water cooled 1972 A4 for $400.

Last time it was used was last time boat was in water (2014). Worked fine as I worked out some kinks with it during that season related to fuel pump. I don't know compression numbers on this one as I never measured them. It does have an oil leak from the shaft seal so that seal should be replaced.

It does not come with the carb as I will be keeping it as a spare but I can include everything else including manual fuel pump.

Won't be parting it so looking to see the whole thing.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by southcoasting; 09-28-2018, 06:12 AM.
    1971 Tartan 34C Sloop "NOVA LUNA", Rebuilt (2019) Fresh Water Cooled A4 (Bought boat in 2014)
    1968 Tartan 27 Yawl "Destinada", rebuilt Old Lyme freshwater A4 (Sold boat in 2014)
  • indigo
    • Jun 2007

Where is the engine located?

Comment

• joe_db
      Afourian MVP
      • May 2009

What is it being replaced with?
      Joe Della Barba
      Coquina
      C&C 35 MK I
      Maryland USA

Comment

• southcoasting
        • Nov 2011

Ah yeah...should have mentioned. Boat/engine are in Fairhaven, MA.
        1971 Tartan 34C Sloop "NOVA LUNA", Rebuilt (2019) Fresh Water Cooled A4 (Bought boat in 2014)
        1968 Tartan 27 Yawl "Destinada", rebuilt Old Lyme freshwater A4 (Sold boat in 2014)

Comment

• southcoasting
          • Nov 2011

Originally posted by joe_db View Post
          What is it being replaced with?
          Hi Joe,
          I had bought another better looking A4 that I will be painting and sprucing up this Winter with a few items like FWC, new exhaust, etc...

Comment

• CalebD
            Afourian MVP
            • May 2007

Go Fred.

Hope all is going well.

How well did the original raw water cooled A4 work ?

My best,
            Caleb
            Tartan 27 #328 owner born 1958
            A4 and boat are from 1967

Comment

• joe_db
              Afourian MVP
              • May 2009

If it runs, possible customer just up the road in Maine
              Joe Della Barba
              Coquina
              C&C 35 MK I
              Maryland USA

Comment

• southcoasting
                • Nov 2011

Originally posted by CalebD View Post
                Go Fred.

Hope all is going well.

How well did the original raw water cooled A4 work ?

My best,
                Caleb
                Hey Caleb!
                How is Odalisque doing?

This original a4 worked well honestly. Once I worked out some issues with the coil/ignition that first year after the launching of this new boat. Temp stayed good while running on thermostat. Will need a repaint and the shaft oil seal replaced.

I bought the replacement because it was cheap, local, and in better shape aesthetically and I thought I could repaint and do a few other things to this replacement late model while I have it out. Here is the thread I started that I will be continuing soon: http://www.moyermarineforum.com/foru...ad.php?t=10080

Comment

• southcoasting
                  • Nov 2011

Sounds good Joe. Just let me know. I'd have to plan it to get it running...

Not sure we can run it since the place the boat is currently in has no water source.

I guess we can get a 5gal bucket of water, fuel can, battery, put all items back together and run it for ya on the ground. I don't have a working battery as mine died. I would assume you can hot wire it to get the starter going?

Planning on getting some replacement battery at some point this Winter from Interstate Battery who sells refurbished ones for decent prices.

Comment

• southcoasting
                    • Nov 2011

Ah! Just figured out what you were referring to!

Comment

• ThisOldBoat
                      • Oct 2018

Want to see it

Hi southcoasting,
                      How do I arrange to see it?

Comment

• southcoasting
                        • Nov 2011

Engine is up for sale still - $100

At this point, it has been sitting at the covered garage area out of boat.

I will sell it for $100 at this point. You can part it as it has everything except the manifold which I ended up pulling out and putting on my rebuilt replacement.

Send me a text message or call at 508-742-8072. Engine is located in Fairhaven, MA
                        Last edited by southcoasting; 03-30-2021, 08:23 PM.

Comment

Working...
                        X