X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Quigley
    • Sep 2007

IMPELLERS - really really simple questions

My '76 C&C 27 has freshwater cooling that I believe was factory installed back in the day. I know I have an impeller somewhere - maybe 2? Can anyone tell me where she be, how to replace and where to find the right one? And maybe what its for ...

Many thanks ...
    Santeria
    1976 C&C 27 Mark lll
    Mahone Bay, NS
  • Dromo
    • Mar 2008

impeller

A picture is worth a thousand words.The pen is pointing to the raw water cooling pump impeller. It's hard to tell but I'm guessing that your fresh water pump would be above the flywheel housing with a belt running to it and hoses.
    Post a pic .if you can. It would help us help you.
    Good luck - Rick
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Dromo; 02-24-2009, 07:37 PM.

Comment

• lat 64
      Afourian MVP
      • Oct 2008

fresh water/sea water

My A-4 is fresh-water cooled. This my setup.

My engine uses the pump on the accessary drive (see Dromo's photo) to circulate the fresh water(antifreeze) and a second pump is installed at the front. The second pump is for raw water(sea water). It is driven off the flywheel end by a pulley and v-belt.

My photo is taken from the front and shows the raw water pump. It's the one with the blue pulley. I removed the pulley off the shaft earlier that day.
      Sorry you had to see this mess, but My engine is much different now.

Russ
      Attached Files
      Last edited by lat 64; 02-24-2009, 07:47 PM.
      sigpic Whiskeyjack a '68 Columbia 36 rebuilt A-4 with 2:1

"Since when is napping doing nothing?"

Comment

• Quigley
        • Sep 2007

Re IMPELLERS

Thank you both. I now have a copy of Don's book that I'm mining, and a picture - in this case 2 - is worth a thousand words. Weather has kept me from getting on my boat but when I do, these will help immensely. I'll search this sit or MM catalogue to find the exact impellers required.

btw Dromo, its a delight to see an engine that beautiful.
        Santeria
        1976 C&C 27 Mark lll
        Mahone Bay, NS

Comment

• roadnsky
          Afourian MVP
          • Dec 2008

Panoramic Tour Of The A4

QUIGLEY-
          Whilst you're waiting to get back on your boat, you might try looking at the "Panoramic View" that MMI has on this site. Go to the HOME page. Scroll down to where you see the yellow NEW! splash button and click on the "HERE" link.
          (or just click here if you're lazy like me) http://www.moyermarine.com/360/index.html

It may not be an exact detail of your particular A4 but it's a good model for learning and maybe a standard to set for your future engine.
          Very helpful AND entertaining!

PS - Sorry Rick. Not to imply that yours isn't also a great model! -jb
          -Jerry

'Lone Ranger'
          sigpic
          1978 RANGER 30

Comment

Working...
          X