How old is your Atomic 4 engine? Poll by decade.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • GregH
    Afourian MVP
    • Jun 2015

Here are my block numbers:

Click image for larger version

Name:	block numbers.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	387.6 KB
ID:	197273
    Greg
    1975 Alberg 30
    sigpic

Comment

• MN John
      • Oct 2015

New to the forum and just finished my first successful season with my Tripp 30 Hull # 4 with the Atomic 4 inboard.
      Will have to check for year, but I have an early model block/starter/distributor, and late model head/carb/water pump and a few MMI upgrades.
      Motor ran great and I have learned a lot, love that motor.

Comment

• MN John
        • Oct 2015

pictures

[ATTACH]11213[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]11214[/ATTACH]

Comment

• JDK
          • Apr 2016

I haven't looked at the block numbers but I know this is the original machine that's in my 1967 C&C Corvette.....

Comment

• toddster
            • Aug 2011

Stevedore?

How odd... In my defense, the label is obscured behind the FWC pulley, but I never noticed before that my engine is labeled "Atomic Stevedore." Is there any particular significance to this model name? It seems an add choice, since a stevedore has nothing to do with propulsion. But not more odd than many Asian automobile model names, I suppose.

Of course, these forums provided the answer... Gotta scroll down to "page 2" of search results to find the useful ones from more than ten years ago! Will have to remember to check for the "restrictor" next time I have the carb off. I'd guess that would have been removed by now.
            Last edited by toddster; 08-08-2016, 04:46 PM.

Comment

• Sam
              Afourian MVP
              • Apr 2010

IlLikeRust 's A4 pictures are "early model" using zenith carb with verticle flame arrestor, prestolite distributor w/condenser on outside and "hidden" oil dipstick. It is identical to my 1966 in a Morgan 34. It has never been rebuilt, good compression, starts right up. Frequent oil changes, rebuilt starter, alternator and carb and exhaust stand pipe. Good basic maintenance and I do not know how long it will last. I purchased a an extra A4 with a "short block" rebuild 26 years ago thinking I would need it one day and it is still in storage in the shipping crate - put a little oil in cylinders and hand rotate the crankshaft every now and then.

Comment

• Ando
                • Jul 2019

Click image for larger version

Name:	BECEE7FB-C2CD-4057-BACC-E69BD1DC8F9A.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	153.3 KB
ID:	199736
                ??/28/74...it’s a ‘74, same as my boat and about 45 (about the same age as me). Got an older one at home I am disassembling and rebuilding. I’ll look and report back at the date. Thx for this interesting post.

Comment

• K5TOR
                  • Jul 2023

Colubia 36 (1971) with original A4

just to add one data point.

in my Columbia 36 (MKII ???) from 1971 sill has the original Atomic4, i know this as the MFG plate from Columbia has the S/N (170 901)

my A4 is running supper if want to I can cruze with 2500RPM at 6.5knots with no overheating and a stable and good oil pressure the PO had her rebuilt but what exactly i do not know. as for what i did, every year new oil and plugs and ever 2 years new cap. this year i put in new sensors for and gauges

73 de K5TOR (SV Harmony)
                  Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                  X