Does your fuel system include a Racor fuel filter/water separator?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Estrella
    • Aug 2016

Fuel delivery.

Originally posted by chuckleblanc View Post
    Yes! to Racor fuel Filter
    yes I have the Racor fuel filter a new one I still have a fuel starvation problem, could it be the pump I think its still the original.

Comment

• Marian Claire
      Afourian MVP
      • Aug 2007

Estrella. Welcome to the forum. You may want to start a thread over in the "Fuel System" category providing more info on your issue. Symptoms, past work/maintenance, how your system is set up and some history on how the A-4 has run in the past. There are many things that can cause fuel starvation symptoms.
      Dan S/V Marian Claire

Comment

• JOHN COOKSON
        Afourian MVP, Professor Emeritus
        • Nov 2008

Estrella
        Another welcome aboard.
        From the forum home page scroll down to "discussion topics." Click on "fuel system". The start a new thread button is in the upper left.
        The fuel system is divided into two major parts: The tank and what is after the tank. There are ways to figure out which area is causing the problem. If it turns out the problem is after the tank there are ways to isolate and test each component - filters, fuel pump, carburetor. Notice how this approach eliminates guessing.
        There are many causes for lack of power. Inadequate fuel to the engine is only one of them. The members of this forum will be able to guide you to the correct diagnosis and repair. Give us some background when you are ready to get started.

TRUE GRIT

Comment

• DaveMac
          Frequent Contributor
          • Feb 2017

Sierra 18-7845 fuel filter installed when the PO changed over to the electric fuel pump several years ago, change it every spring and have not had any issues.

Comment

• sdemore
            • Nov 2016

Mine is a Perko with some kind of cleanable permanent filter inside.

Steve Demore
            S/V Doin' It Right
            Pasadena, MD
            sigpic

Comment

Working...
            X