Where to order non-MMI parts? Canadians?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Tkenopic
    • Aug 2016

Where to order non-MMI parts? Canadians?

I have just rebuilt my fuel pump after ordering the kit from Moyer. After reading some more forums I'd like to add a fuel pressure gauge and polishing filter. Here's the problem - I can't find any parts!

I am in Collingwood, Ontario

I have tried:
    Local Ideal Supply/Napa
    Local Carquest
    Local Canadian Tire
    Local Hose Supply Company
    Local Marine Supply stores (4 of them!)
    Marine Outfitters
    Binnacle

I did find a couple items on amazon.ca but it's not exactly what I want.

I'd like to find a 0-15 psi liquid-filled gauge like the JEGS one here:
    Performance Automotive Parts from Accel Billet Edelbrock MSD VDO. JEGS is the source for performance parts with Same Day Shipping.

I'd also like to find a polishing filter like the Hasting 1/4" one here:

So, my question is, are there any Canadians that have a good online source for non-MMI parts?

After the sticker shock of the exchange, shipping, and duty of my last MMI order, I'd really rather not order from the states!

Cheers,
    Trevor

Trevor Kenopic
    1974 C&C 30
    Windmagic
    Collingwood, Ontario
  • sastanley
    Afourian MVP
    • Sep 2008

Trevor, I found the liquid gauge to be a pain and unreliable. I went back to the $15 (US) Mr. Gasket brand.
    -Shawn
    "Holiday" - '89 Alura 35 #109
    "Twice Around" - '77 C-30, #511 with original A-4 & MMI manifold - SOLD! (no longer a two boat owner!!)
    sigpic

Comment

• Administrator
      MMI Webmaster
      • Oct 2004

Originally posted by Tkenopic View Post

After the sticker shock of the exchange, shipping, and duty of my last MMI order, I'd really rather not order from the states!

Cheers,
      Trevor
      If you are having your parts shipped to Canada and choose the United Parcel Service (UPS) as your shipping method, please understand that you will be charged brokerage fees in addition to your shipping and handling charges. These fees can often be substantial and are not controlled by Moyer Marine. For this reason, we recommend that our Canadian customers choose a Priority Mail option as their shipping method (if available) as you check out. If a Priority Mail option is not available, you can place your order over the phone instead by calling (610) 421-4436. Please be aware that even though United Parcel Service (UPS) rates may seem less expensive, the (hidden) brokerage fees will increase the overall cost to you the customer at the time of delivery.

If the issue is just the exchange rate, we can't offer much help there....

Bill
      Last edited by Administrator; 05-29-2018, 07:56 AM.

Comment

• GregH
        Afourian MVP
        • Jun 2015

I bought my fuel pressure gauge at Auto Add-ons here in Kingston
        Greg
        1975 Alberg 30
        sigpic

Comment

• Tkenopic
          • Aug 2016

Originally posted by Administrator View Post
          If you are having your parts shipped to Canada and choose the United Parcel Service (UPS) as your shipping method, please understand that you will be charged brokerage fees in addition to your shipping and handling charges. These fees can often be substantial and are not controlled by Moyer Marine. For this reason, we recommend that our Canadian customers choose a Priority Mail option as their shipping method (if available) as you check out. If a Priority Mail option is not available, you can place your order over the phone instead by calling (610) 421-4436. Please be aware that even though United Parcel Service (UPS) rates may seem less expensive, the (hidden) brokerage fees will increase the overall cost to you the customer at the time of delivery.

If the issue is just the exchange rate, we can't offer much help there....

Bill
          Thanks Bill, I did note that before I ordered and did NOT select UPS because of that recommendation. The shipping and duty was still more than I was hoping, but that's the price to pay for MMI parts and I'm fine with it. For the non-MMI parts I listed above, I'm really hoping to find something in Canada to avoid that extra cost.

Thanks,
          Trevor

Trevor Kenopic
          1974 C&C 30
          Windmagic
          Collingwood, Ontario

Comment

• Tkenopic
            • Aug 2016

Originally posted by GregH View Post
            I bought my fuel pressure gauge at Auto Add-ons here in Kingston
            Thanks Greg. Looks like they don't have a website, but if I get desperate, I'll give them a call. Good to have options...
            Thanks,
            Trevor

Trevor Kenopic
            1974 C&C 30
            Windmagic
            Collingwood, Ontario

Comment

• Jimmy
              • Aug 2011

Annual Order

Tkenopic
              Cautionary note. I have found several, if not most automotive shops will claim a product they have has the exact same specs as original or MM parts, however I have experienced questionable results.
              As a fellow Canadian, I know the pain you feel getting anything purchased, and shipped from south of the border.
              To deal with that pain, I just accept the yearly order I place, as a cost of boat ownership. I always add one or two extra parts I may need down the road in a pinch, over and above regular maintenance (coil/impeller/gasket,ect) Not only have I got a reasonable spare parts inventory, I’m ok supporting our Host of this site - and am very appreciative of the support they offer.....but yes, losing 30 cents on the dollar is frustrating.

Cheers
              Jimmy

PS - to this day I regret not placing a order for a MM rebuilt , about 7 years ago when the Loonie was flirting with a even exchange rate. I’m waiting for 90cents plus, then I’ll place that call. Of course if MM were to have a Canadian Customer appreciation sale, I could be convinced to pull the trigger sooner
              sigpic
              Jimmy
              C&C 29 MK1
              Erieau , Lake Erie

Comment

• Tkenopic
                • Aug 2016

Thanks Tac
                That's where I ended up getting the gauge and I used Princess Auto for the filter...

Trevor Kenopic
                1974 C&C 30
                Windmagic
                Collingwood, Ontario

Comment

Working...
                X