X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • congoboard
    • Apr 2011

Martec folding Prop

This prop came as an "extra" with my new to me 1978 Newport 30. I am interested in replacing the currently installed 2 blade fixed prop with a 3 blade Indigo and would like to get as close to the $325 for a new Indigo as I can (current list on Martec's site is $685). Or if anyone is interested in a straight trade please let me know. Contact me at donnello@bc.edu
    Attached Files
    Last edited by congoboard; 12-12-2011, 09:14 PM. Reason: mistake
  • sastanley
    Afourian MVP
    • Sep 2008

congoboard,

What are the specs on the Martec?
    -Shawn
    "Holiday" - '89 Alura 35 #109
    "Twice Around" - '77 C-30, #511 with original A-4 & MMI manifold - SOLD! (no longer a two boat owner!!)
    sigpic

Comment

• ndutton
      Afourian MVP
      • May 2009

I can help

Click on Congo's pdf and scroll down. There's an excellent picture of the actual prop with the specs. 12x8x7/8" RH

Nice prop, looks like new.
      Neil
      1977 Catalina 30
      San Pedro, California
      prior boats 1987 Westsail 32, 1970 Catalina 22
      Had my hands in a few others

Comment

• congoboard
        • Apr 2011

Martec - more info

I am the third owner of the boat the second owner removed the Martec prop in 1987 and it has been in storage since. I am not sure when the first owner put it on but since the price list is for 1979 I would say it was 1979 or 1980 so at maximum it has 8 East Coast seasons of use likely less.

I am not going to put it back on so I would like to pass it on to someone who feels a strong need for a folder but does not want to buy new.

I will be sailing in and out of Westport MA where the currents run very strong. My Admiral does not have the same taste for adventure as I so I am trying to set the boat up for maximum comfort in all ways and therefore looking to stick on one of the Indigo 3 blades. Proceeds from the Martec will supplement my "boat allowance" for the coming season-simple as that...
        Last edited by congoboard; 12-13-2011, 10:55 AM. Reason: correction

Comment

• sastanley
          Afourian MVP
          • Sep 2008

Neil, thanks. I only looked at the first page of the PDF and didn't bother to scroll down and see the actual pictures of congo's prop.

Thanks congo...my shaft is 1", so it won't work for me..good luck selling it!
          -Shawn
          "Holiday" - '89 Alura 35 #109
          "Twice Around" - '77 C-30, #511 with original A-4 & MMI manifold - SOLD! (no longer a two boat owner!!)
          sigpic

Comment

Working...
          X