• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tenders
    Afourian MVP
    • May 2007

Originally posted by Marty Levenson View Post
    "1) the brass plug I need to remove to install the OPSS is giving me grief. Instead of fighting this any longer, I got a bright idea.....wondering if I can add the OPSS to the same outlet as the Oil Pressure sending unit. To avoid any extreme torque on that location, I would use a “AN” fitting, and remotely mound the sending unit and OPSS. Any reason this won’t work?"

Thanks! My ignorance is boundless.
    Yeah, good question, I had to check it myself and I used to work for a screw company. AN is the set of standard sizes you find on little brass threaded flare fittings like we use in our fuel systems and find on the shelf at Home Depot. They were probably special order for Jimmy because of his metric surroundings. AN is an anachronous and somewhat unhelpful name for the standard - it stands for "Army Navy."

Jimmy, if you have the opportunity you might want to abandon the flare fittings for regular rubber hose and barb fittings, which are MUCH easier to move around and replace.
    Last edited by tenders; 05-12-2018, 01:04 PM.

Comment

• JOHN COOKSON
      Afourian MVP, Professor Emeritus
      • Nov 2008

This would be an excellent time to install a fuel polishing filter just before the carburetor if you don't have one already.

TRUE GRIT

Comment

• Jimmy
        • Aug 2011

New configuration

Fuel path is as follows...
        -Tank
        -shut of valve immediately on top of tank
        -steel (copper?) line down , around to side of engine compartment
        -transition to rubber fuel hose
        -Racor fuel/water separator
        -electric fuel pump
        -shut off solenoid ( opens when coil is powered)
        -fuel pressure gauge
        -polishing filter
        ....and finally, to the carb.

As you can see, I have a lot going on, hence my concern about a drop from 6 to 2.5 psi in fuel pressure.
        All fittings are double clamped hose over barbed brass fittings, except the shut off valve / metal fuel line on the top of fuel tank. It has a compression fitting.

My using the “AN’ fitting/hose was to allow me to remotely mount the oil pressure unit.

Will Snap a picture next week and post.

Thanks for the feed back- this place is a awesome resource

Cheers-Jimmy
        sigpic
        Jimmy
        C&C 29 MK1
        Erieau , Lake Erie

Comment

• Jimmy
          • Aug 2011

Picture is of my new fuel system set up
          In the corner behind and above is where the coil will be relocated, after I get base line temp readings from its currant location, on the rear of A4

Cheers
          Jimmy
          Attached Files
          sigpic
          Jimmy
          C&C 29 MK1
          Erieau , Lake Erie

Comment

Working...
          X