Return to the home page...

Go Back   Moyer Marine Atomic 4 Community - Home of the Afourians > Owner Discussion Groups > Discussion Groups > C&C

#1   IP: 69.158.98.109
Old 02-28-2007, 02:13 PM
Frequent Contributor

C&C Corvette muffler?

Has anyone tried to install a water lift muffler on their Corvette- I would be interested in hearing how.
  #2   IP: 159.18.221.197
Old 06-05-2007, 02:03 PM

C&C Corvette strange muffler

I too am considering installing a water-lift type muffler. My corvette currently has a strange looking muffler in the shape of a 4 inch by 4 foot cylinder that appears to include a water jacket. It's directly connected to the exhaust manifold by a 2 inch long by 1 and 1/4 inch pipe connector. The cooling water from the manifold feeds directly into a nipple at the engine-end of the cylinder and exits from another nipple at the far end, then through a 1/2 inch rubber pipe to reconnect with the exhaust pipe close to the exit point at the transom. There seems to be some water leaking from the engine-end of the cylinder where it connects to the connector to the manifold, so either the water jacket is leaking inside or water is coming back from where the cooling water re-enters the exhaust pipe near the transom. I will try to locate the source of the water and also reseal the leaking connection (exhaust fumes also leaking into the boat). Anyone seen one of these?

Bob
  #3   IP: 216.58.96.134
Old 08-25-2007, 12:40 PM

I replaced the water jacket muffler in my Corvette "Lady Di" with a Vetus waterlift about three years ago. The Vetus fits on a wood shelf I made that sits on the fuel tank supports, to port of the fuel tank. The VEtus is help to the shelf with galvanized perforated strapping. I built an exhaust riser out of black galvanized pipe, and insulated it with the special exhaust tape. A piece of exhaust hose about 12" long connects the riser to the Vetus, and then exhaust hose straight up from the Vetus to the underside of the port cockpit seat. A 90 degree galvanized elbow connects here, then exhaust hose to the transom fitting.

Works like a charm.
Gananoque, ON, Canada
in the beautiful Thousand Island
of the St. Lawrence River
The Following User Says Thank You to lhbradley For This Useful Post:
JDK (04-20-2016)