Ready to launch... just in time for hurricane season...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Hymodyne
    • Feb 2013

Ready to launch... just in time for hurricane season...

Prop nut and zinc anode came today, which about wraps up the items needed to launch the Hannah Elizabeth for a short sailing season until November, then haul out again, paint on a proper bootstripe and continue to refit the boat.
    Found a crack in my mast cap, so I made stainless plates for each side to take up the loads. I also finished an engine enclosure. I still have to make latches for the top panel, and line the inside with sound deadening material, but the box is made. I have edging that I will use around the edges of the enclosure.

Watching the weather for a launch date.

James
    Attached Files
  • sastanley
    Afourian MVP
    • Sep 2008

James, looking good! The best sailing on the Chesapeake is in the fall!!!

I am gonna guess the oriental rug is not on the boat.

A slightly wider view of the cracked mast cap might be helpful for us to help pontificate.
    -Shawn
    "Holiday" - '89 Alura 35 #109
    "Twice Around" - '77 C-30, #511 with original A-4 & MMI manifold - SOLD! (no longer a two boat owner!!)
    sigpic

Comment

• Hymodyne
      • Feb 2013

I rolled paint in thin areas and covered the wiring for the ceiling LEDs with three pieces of molding. Work station will soon have an analog volt meter and power inverter. Mast is ready for the trip to the marina, whenever the weather allows and we have a good high tide.

James
      Attached Files

Comment

• sastanley
        Afourian MVP
        • Sep 2008

Looks like maybe a Columbia of some sort behind you!? (not MD 2510 T, the other one!)

Keep up the great work. There is no problem around here leaving the boat in the water all winter and enjoying a nice balmy day sail in December! It is a gallon or two of pink antifreeze to re-winterize the motor!
        Last edited by sastanley; 09-15-2017, 10:50 PM.
        -Shawn
        "Twice Around" - '77 C-30, #511 with original A-4 & MMI manifold - SOLD! (no longer a two boat owner!!)
        sigpic

Comment

• ndutton
          Afourian MVP
          • May 2009

Ah yes, boatyard life. Those were some of the best times of my life. There's excitement, satisfaction and yes - anxiety as the project approaches completion.

Enjoy the moment. Good times.
          Neil
          1977 Catalina 30
          San Pedro, California
          prior boats 1987 Westsail 32, 1970 Catalina 22
          Had my hands in a few others

Comment

• Hymodyne
            • Feb 2013

New Nav lights

Re placed the single unit on the pulpit with these 6-bulb LED navigation lights

James
            Attached Files

Comment

• sastanley
              Afourian MVP
              • Sep 2008

James, Nice work on the LED nav lights!!
              Last edited by sastanley; 09-17-2017, 11:23 AM.
              -Shawn
              sigpic

Comment

Working...
              X