A Kragerøterne dinghy weaving within the rocky inlets of Kragerø, Norway.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Boomer
    • Sep 2015

A Kragerøterne dinghy weaving within the rocky inlets of Kragerø, Norway.

[YOUTUBE]SvC0kzp6-S4[/YOUTUBE]
  • hanleyclifford
    Afourian MVP
    • Mar 2010

Now that would require local knowledge.

Comment

• Mo
      Afourian MVP
      • Jun 2007

We have a few of those spots here. Ryans Gut, Terrance Bay is one. Those that know the way through there shave an hour off the trip to Rogues Roost. I used to avoid it, although I'd been shown the way. Last few years I go through there more and more just to save time. Not as dramatic as the one in the video, however, there is only about 8 feet and swell makes it dangerous...on the Terrance Bay end, rocks abound on the other end. I've sailed through in 20 kts though. I won't try it when surfs up on the Terrance Bay end...too easy to tap the keel.
      Mo

"Odyssey"
      1976 C&C 30 MKI

The pessimist complains about the wind.
      The optimist expects it to change.
      The realist adjusts the sails.
      ...Sir William Arthur Ward.

Comment

• Boomer
        • Sep 2015

In the nature of self preservation I'm much more cautious now then I once was, and rarely if ever get a scratch in the topsides. When I was young, dumb and didn't know better...not to mention thinking I was bullet proof, repairing dings or scratches in the finish seemed norm. However tricky passages that require local knowledge and prudent navigation, can be a real time saver

The Top 10 places in the San Juans and Gulf Islands you don't want to visit. http://www.usps.org/seattle/images/l...To%20Visit.pdf

Comment

Working...
        X