X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Elmo
    • Apr 2019

How to Tell if It's a Globe Impeller

The title says it all. When I'm buying an impeller locally, what do I look for to help me stay away from the "Globe" brand impeller for my fwc A-4r?

Btw, my new thermostat is 180*, same temp as my 1962 MGA MKII...
  • JOHN COOKSON
    Afourian MVP, Professor Emeritus
    • Nov 2008

Buy A4 parts from our forum sponsor MMI. Then you will know for sure that parts will be correct.

TRUE GRIT

Edit: I see you are a new forum member. Moyer sells all sorts of A4 parts. There is an online catalog on the MMI home page.
    Welcome aboard. Tell us a bit more about yourself. Home port. Boat make & length. How long an A4 owner. And so on.
    Last edited by JOHN COOKSON; 05-20-2019, 09:04 PM.

Comment

• GregH
      Afourian MVP
      • Jun 2015

Globe impellers are in a plastic clamshell package with cardboard label stating the name and information. Cannot be mistaken for anything else. And the impellers are typically blue or orange (the ones I am familiar with anyways).
      Greg
      1975 Alberg 30
      sigpic

Comment

• Elmo
        • Apr 2019

Don't Want a "Globe" Impeller

Originally posted by JOHN COOKSON View Post
        Buy A4 parts from our forum sponsor MMI. Then you will know for sure that parts will be correct.

When I'm buying an impeller locally, what do I look for to help me stay away from the "Globe" brand impeller for my fwc A-4r?

My bad. I should have both highlighted and underlined the most important part of my original question. If need an impeller replacement, but can't wait for one to be sent from Moyer, I need to be able to avoid the Globe brand locally...

TRUE GRIT

Edit: I see you are a new forum member. Moyer sells all sorts of A4 parts.
        Yes. I've been buying from him for years... Also Indigo Electronics.

Welcome aboard. Tell us a bit more about yourself. Home port. Boat make & length. How long an A4 owner. And so on.
        Moored in Blaine, Wa, Coronado 34, A-4rd, boat bought in the mid 80's

Indigo's mk1 fresh water cooling, Indigo's oil filter conversion, Indigo's pvc system, Indigo's mk1 temperature control unit has failed, so updating to the latest thermostat housing that uses the NAPA thermostats.

Comment

Working...
        X