• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mr. Close Reach
    • Feb 2009

Connectors for Shifting Cables

Hello all,
    I'm replacing the shift cable on my 1975 C&C 33; the cable itself is fine but due to my lack of maintenance the clevis-type connector seized at the shifting arm. No amount of PB Blaster would free it and eventually it sheared just aft of the connector.

This has proven to be a difficult fix, partially because one of 2 bolts for the bracket that secures the cable is completely inaccessible (can't get a wrench on it). I think I'm going to have to leave that in place and route the new one alongside - something I'm not in love with.

So on to my question - I've sourced the Teleflex CC695 cable with the threaded 5/16th ends, but does anyone know where I can find the clevis-style connectors for the shifting arm and binnacle ends? The binnacle end in particular is a tight fit and I'll need to find the right part. Wish Moyer sold these since they sell the throttle cable assembly!
    1975 C&C 33
    A4 with FWC
  • ndutton
    Afourian MVP
    • May 2009

McMaster-Carr is the complete source for your plant with over 595,000 products. 98% of products ordered ship from stock and deliver same or next day.

notice the 5/16"-24 clevis is available in stainless too.
    Neil
    1977 Catalina 30
    San Pedro, California
    prior boats 1987 Westsail 32, 1970 Catalina 22
    Had my hands in a few others

Comment

• Mr. Close Reach
      • Feb 2009

Originally posted by ndutton View Post
      http://www.mcmaster.com/#clevis-rod-ends/=m0tjhy

notice the 5/16"-24 clevis is available in stainless too.
      McMaster...of course. Should have thought of that. Thanks Neil.
      1975 C&C 33
      A4 with FWC

Comment

Working...
      X