View Single Post
  #1   IP: 45.48.80.165
Old 04-23-2020, 08:19 PM

Newb to the max, a bit overwhelmed

Hey guys, with all the COVID - 19 stuff going around. I bought a second boat after my club shut down. I bought a 1972 Columbia 30 with a blown A4, I also purchased another A4 which is now in my garage.

I'm 35, trying to get my boat outfitted. Just got done figuring out the electrical, I built my own bench test and bought an instrument panel from a consignment shop.

The engine I bought also came with a Walter v drive, but it's not installed.

I just pulled off the carb, and it's just about as basic as any other outboard carb if not easier. What I found interesting is that even in the spare carb there's no clip for the float valve needle, yet the needles both have a divot for the clip. Is it needed? And does it come in the rebuild kit from Don?

I just pulled off the water pump. It's pretty bad, anything else I should really go over before firing her up in my garage? I just replaced the oil with SAE 30 .

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I am trying to get this boat outfitted to be a weekend island cruiser. My home harbor is Channel Islands Ca Oxnard CA.

I still have to pick the old engine out, and then drop this one in. Im steadily getting through the engine. Oh yea all the hoses were hardened.

Also the holes around the transmission housing are missing bolts, I'm not sure if that's where a bracket went or if bolts actually go there.

That's my introduction - my back is taking a toll, so is my brain taking in all these fumes in my extremely small garage. Im super dedicated, and have a little extra money to blow. If you can help me charge through this thing that would be greatly appreciated.
The Following User Says Thank You to Rando1201 For This Useful Post:
Ando (04-23-2020)