View Single Post
  #33   IP: 64.183.169.46
Old 05-15-2018, 02:41 PM

@JOHN COOKSON

I performed an acid bath last weekend and got a lot of crud out of the engine. I also back washed it with about 20 gallons of water at city water pressure. A lot of debris was coming out that way.

I also have hooked up the cooling hose to the city water pressure and ran the engine, at your suggestion. A LOT of water comes out and the pressure is high enough that I noticed my exhaust manifold inlet was starting to drip a bit. At first, I thought it was just to much pressure between the city water pressure and the impeller pulling water. Could this be my sign that there is a "flapper" causing a blockage still in my exhaust manifold?

Boats are a lot of fun! Even with these issues, I have been able to take her out and have had a blast! Also, I bought this boat knowing she is old but that if I am patient and determined I can make her purr for many more years. Plus taking on this hands-on approach has allowed me to learn SO MUCH very quickly. Honestly, I owe you all a lot - thank you for giving me the confidence and knowledge to fix my own issues.
The Following User Says Thank You to chrisoelder For This Useful Post:
CajunSpike (05-15-2018)