View Single Post
  #22   IP: 207.255.182.91
Old 02-12-2015, 09:18 AM
Afourian MVP Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadaBing View Post
Thanks. Your ducting for the blower sound like how mine is set up. I had a second blower under the stand pipe blowing down into the bilge to suck air down the on deck intake over the stand pipe enclosure. I removed the secondary blower for my current project and am considering mounting it above the stand pipe, blowing down on or over the stand pipe and pushing great air into the engine compartmen.
The cowling over the stand pipe area, that provides fresh air to the engine compartment has no dorad, which seems to be the norm on T30s that I have seen.
Bill, when I got my T30, the blower was actually mounted just forward of the A4 down by the base of the mast with the ducting running inside the chase in the head where the original standpipe was located. When I changed from a waterlift back to a standpipe, there wasn't enough room in the chase for both so I went back to original ducting under the settee and out the back. The '77 model has two dorades, one in the head and one in the saloon. I have a day/night solar fan pulling air out of the chase over the standpipe that does a pretty good job of keeping moisture down. Since my blower exhausts into the cockpit, I know right away if fuel fumes are present.
Repowered with MMI A-4 2008