View Single Post
  #15   IP: 138.207.172.243
Old 05-22-2018, 11:00 AM
Afourian MVP Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by smosh View Post
Draining the carb is my next step - headed down to the boat soon. To clarify, to clean the jets and passages, one must remove the carb? I would assume so...
Yes, the carb needs to be off to clean the jets and passages. It seems more mysterious than it really is. As you are well aware, the carb is a hassle to get to on our T30s. Actually getting the carb off the manifold is the hardest part of cleaning the carb. Remove the carb, remove the fuel bowl and the whole innards of the carb's passages are visible. Carb Cleaner spray, a fine wire, and a wooden dowel tapered to a point are really all you need (other than your common tools) to do the job. Compressed air also helps. The MMI Manual has all the steps laid out.

Quote:
thanks for the feedback on the ether...yeah, it is a few seconds before i can get to the key. That stuff is...ethereal. So the fact it doesn't 'run' on the ether doesn't indicate anything about anything.
Starting fluid dissipates rapidly. It's basically an aersolized fuel. In fact, I think starting fluid is actually heptane and not ether as ether was often abused. If you hear the engine fire or sputter with starting fluid, this is a good sign. You just need a constant supply of fluid going in since you are using it so quickly.
Repowered with MMI A-4 2008