View Single Post
  #5   IP: 193.117.144.73
Old 01-15-2019, 06:05 PM
Afourian MVP

My advice would be to customize a high quality screwdriver with the thickest tip that will fit into the slot. That will be a fairly large screwdriver, so you'll need to cut down the edges with a Dremel. This will become your dedicated carb jet screwdriver. Insert it carefully, press hard, twist forcefully, and accept whatever happens.

I had a problem like that with one of the jets a couple of years ago and stripped the head with my screwdriver. Just could not get it out. C'est la vie, I scrapped the carb. Maybe I could have dug it out with a series of holes drilled into the center, and a tiny EZ-out...but maybe not, and I'd blame every bad thing that ever happened to the engine on that repair.

Not sure if a best practice to head this off would be to apply a dab of anti-seize compound to the threads, but I've been tempted to do that the next time the carb comes off.

Interestingly, we don't talk about rejetting the A4 carburetor like people do who have motorcycle carburetors. Jets cost less than $10. Are we comfortable that the stock jets are the best jets, aside from the possibility of the adjustable main jet that Don sells?