View Single Post
  #5   IP: 24.19.235.108
Old 03-21-2016, 02:29 AM

Reply to ndutton

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndutton View Post
Looks to me like you're still dealing with contaminated fuel/dirty carburetor problems. In your post I did not see where you:
  • disassembled and thoroughly cleaned the carburetor
  • cleaned the fuel tank interior
  • determined the source of the water incursion in the tank and repaired so it never happens again
  • discarded the questionable fuel and refilled with fresh
The water flow out the exhaust looks normal to me considering the low RPM in the video but there's certainly no harm in replacing the impeller anyway. Is there any real indication of overheating beyond your theory? What is the history of this engine?
1. Previous owner said he had the serviced the Carb. Might be time to do it again as he didn't seem to visit the boat often.

2. I haven't cleaned the fuel tank interior, though am considering just getting a new tank.

3. Water got in because a friend left the fuel cap off in Seattle for a week (rain water went down the chute).

4. I filtered out all fuel, let the water separate, then siphoned most not all back into the tank. Next step is to top of the tank and add some fuel treatment.

it sounds like maybe something to do with the carburetor or the main mechanical fuel pump, so I guess that'll be next weekends project...

I do think that 2 owners back, the engine was worked on using moyer marine parts/manual, and possibly some love and TLC put in. A few years between then and now, and I think the engine needs another bout of love...