View Single Post
  #12   IP: 96.24.159.27
Old 05-22-2012, 01:26 PM

My Purpose for remote starter

I have a hand crank that I used to turn the engine for valve adjustment, getting to TDC, etc. The hand crank is not to start the engine. The remote starter would only be used when I want to check compression, or some other brief test when I want to be below went is starts. And Yes, I have the auto store $10 remote starter.

So--do I have it right that I do not need to disconnect anything?--but I do need to turn the keyed ignition switch off when I am done. That buzzer will help me remember!

How is my wiring not sufficient--I did not understand this from Neil:
Quote:
If you want to start and run the engine via this remote switch as Dave Neptune does, energizing off the ignition circuit works provided the circuit wire gauge is sufficient for the added solenoid load which - according to the diagram Mary followed in her rewire - it is not.
Well. can I hook up the remote starter leads one to the solenoid BATT post and one to the solenoid ST post, turn the key that is in the cockpit one detent, and then pull the trigger? And when I am done release the trigger, and with the buzzing driving me crazy, turn the cockpit switch off. How does Neil's comment fit in?

Is this the order of things?

Mary