View Single Post
  #5   IP: 24.224.195.189
Old 09-04-2018, 07:20 PM
Afourian MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe_db View Post
We are a long way away from knowing if your engine has minor or major issues.
Low power and black plugs is carbon fouling. One cause of this can be a plugged or collapsing exhaust system, which will inflict the same issue on any replacement engine. Also step 1 is make sure the bottom and PROP are clean. Our props are small and it takes only a few barnacles to hose up the system.

What is your budget like? If $15,000 is pocket change, a few phone calls and a brand new diesel is a good idea. If that is not the case, we can help.

Joe
Coquina
C&C 35 MK I

Could be a few things causing this as mentioned above. Was there any blue smoke out the exhaust. If not a good tune up might be in order. A clean bottom makes a difference, carb leaned out, clean fuel filters, plugs that are hot enough, timing...my advice would be to find a guy that works on engines, A4 preferred but not really necessary. The guys that tinker with old engines, in their 60's and 70's are awesome...they played with points and condensers, firing order, plugs, timing, listening to engines, troubleshooting....a good manual along with this forum will get you through.

PS...awesome boat Joe...I love the 35MKI better than the 35MKII and 35MkIII

"Odyssey"
1976 C&C 30 MKI

The pessimist complains about the wind.
The optimist expects it to change.
The realist adjusts the sails.
...Sir William Arthur Ward.

Last edited by Mo; 09-04-2018 at 07:23 PM.