View Single Post
  #18   IP: 50.67.146.231
Old 07-09-2018, 07:12 PM

My apologies for my delay in response...

Your starting fluid test and dry #1 plug both confirm a fuel problem but let's not jump to conclusions it's the pump. It's possible it is, just that nothing's conclusive yet. Your symptoms may be due to other causes, even a combination of causes. Hard starting may be caused by a poorly functioning choke not closing all the way. A non-functioning fuel pump may be due to a failed oil pressure safety switch (OPSS). I encourage you to explore the entire fuel system before replacing things, home in on the real problem first. A fuel pressure gauge immediately ahead of the carburetor would answer a lot of questions about now.[/QUOTE]

Found a quicker way to test the fuel pump, disconnected the line to the carburetor.. placed the end into a empty water bottle container and had someone push the start button... Confirmed no fuel is being pumped.

Then I disconnected the fuel line from the fuel filter to FP, no blockages the fuel flows freely.

Changed out the pump with an Acent electric pump... the motor started almost immediately! Been testing with multiple start tests over the weekend.

It's a sweet sound when the motor starts within seconds.

Thank you for your advice... much appreciated.

Cheers,

Mel