View Single Post
  #1   IP: 173.206.149.221
Old 08-03-2019, 09:42 PM

Engine shutdown after 20 min... wait 15... starts...then shuts down after 8 min

Good day, new to the atomic 4. Recently bought a candc 27 with an atomic 4, electric fuel pump and electric ignition.

Engine starts great and runs smoothly, shutsdown after a cold start as if you turned a key after 20- 30 min. Will not start again for 10-15 min. It then starts and runs smoothly until again it shutdown after about 8 min... rince repeat.

The fuel pump has a opss connected to it but the previous owner seems to have bypassed it by connecting the two terminals with a jumper wire. I removed the jumper cable and was able to measure power at both terminals of the opss until the engine shutdown so I dont believe it is killing the fuel pump.

The fuel filter always has some air in it when the engine has stopped. Is the fuel pump shutting down?

The fuel pump feels hot to the touch. Should it be hot?

Mechanic here suggests replacing all fuel lines, installing fuel/water seperator and changing fuel pump.

The abrupt shutdown (like a key turn) made me think electrical. It doesnt cough or sputter like its runnjng out of gas but I am new to the game so what do I know