View Single Post
  #5   IP: 192.55.54.40
Old 10-15-2018, 11:25 AM
Afourian MVP

I used a slightly different approach with one of the amaz*n pseudo-waterproof fuse blocks with LED indicators. Mine has really thin o-ring and with a touch of synthetic grease, you could dump a bucket of water on it an would stay dry. I wouldn't expect to handle submersion, but if that block on firewall is underwater, I have bigger problems. ;^)

I could not find the exact brand that I ordered 2 years ago, but below is a fair representation.

https://www.amazon.com/FidgetFidget-...waterproof+led

I have the ignition wired to a weather-pack style relay/socket that powers the fuse block directly from the battery switch output. I then connect coil +, electric FWC pump, fuel pump (via low pressure CO switch), field wire for alternator (via field CO on battery switch). The only connections off the coil is for the distributor Pertronix module.

This approach gets all the fuses in one place and if I see any LEDs on in the block, I know a fuse is blown. Then I don't need to dig round the back of the engine to replace those irritating in-line fuses. Plus I still have 2 more fused ignition switched outlets for the future. Also, those civilized color-coded ATC blade fuse don't require a magnifying glass to read their amp rating.

YMMV

Last edited by ronstory; 10-15-2018 at 11:31 AM. Reason: typo