View Single Post
  #4   IP: 184.179.105.180
Old 10-12-2017, 01:29 PM
Frequent Contributor

John & Oldlaxer1-
Thanks for the quick thoughts.

I have indeed checked my firing order multiple times so I feel good there. Also, before the carb rebuild, I did manually check the choke valve with the flame arrestor removed. After the rebuild, I have checked again, and see that it does indeed open/close as desired.

With constant starting attempts, I do get some fuel back into the carb. I have been removing this fuel with a siphon tool.

I really like the MMO thought onto the stuck valve. I'll track a flex pipe to try that... but clearly that is secondary to the starting issue.

Regarding the "try new fuel" troubleshooting step... I have a plastic gas can in the anchor hatch that I have always kept around. Is it safe to use this as the fuel source if kept outside of the cabin. I will ensure that there is new fuel in the can, but I hesitated to do this last week. I don't have a dingy so don't actually own a true external portable tank that is pre-plumbed with fuel line, etc. Clearly I can go pick one up, but thought I'd check to see if the first option is a safe one.

Thanks

RICK