View Single Post
  #65   IP: 98.189.79.99
Old 10-28-2019, 12:05 PM

Progress Update...

So I made it down to the boat with 1 kid...and got him to help me replace all fuel lines. Went to Marine supply and they were out of pressure gauges, but I did get new fuel lines, new in-line filter and finally did the Jerry Can test.

(side note which I think is relevant later: removing fuel line to fuel pump, gas drained from pump).

Hooked everything up to clean fuel in clean Jerry can and low and behold, problem still happened, although ran a little longer this time (I think due to fuel pump having been empty but then filling up). At least this means my fuel tank should be good and of no concern.

This all leads me to believe it is simply my fuel pump. I know there is an internal screen which likely has debris in it built up over time. The bottom is designed to come off so you can clean the screen, but it is stuck on there really good. I'll have to take pump off and maybe let it sit with some WD-40 for a while. Worst case (hopefully) is simply replace the fuel pump...So I am pretty pleased with narrowing down the issue.

If I knew more in the first place, I probably could have solved this the same day it happened, but I am learning as I go here (which is half the fun). I almost gave up and called a mechanic, but glad I didn't.

Thanks for all the help here, I learned a lot more about the other components and how to work around troubleshooting from all of you.

I'll get another update when I either clean out the fuel pump screen, or replace altogether.