View Single Post
  #36   IP: 71.54.207.52
Old 10-22-2013, 03:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67c&ccorv View Post
Thinking if I pulled all the easily removable components off the engine (head-manifold-starter-carb-fuel pump- etc) then I would be able to get it down to 275lbs.

As long as the companionway steps could hold my 195lbs + the 275lbs of the stripped down A-4 I think I could get it up to the deck level?

While I can and do deadlift 350 lbs, and even occasionally pull such stunts to move stubborn things around the farm, it is very important to have a perfect set-up. Little sideways torques can ruin your back in a second. It's not worth it. About the only useful situation for deadlifting an object like that is to lift it straight up a few inches so that someone else can slip a dolly or a block underneath it. Or occasionally deadlifting a lever to move something that can slide without damaging itself or the substrate.

About the only place I could get a "clean" lift on my engine would be with my feet on the cockpit seats. But there's a perfectly good mast and boom right there... Doesn't get easier than that!

BTW, deadlifts day is Friday. It probably wouldn't work on Saturday.