View Single Post
  #87   IP: 75.147.56.13
Old 09-12-2018, 07:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty Levenson View Post
No disrespect, but my impression is that you don't want to learn how to keep these old engines running and instead want it all fixed and reliable as a kitchen appliance.

Without mindful preventive attention, you will continue to have problems - mostly minor and easily repairable. Most of us on this forum get a feeling of self-reliance and satisfaction from expanding our knowledge, heading off problems, and fixing issues.

I don't know about your aptitude, but your attitude seems incompatible with A4 ownership. Rather than continued resentment that these engines need care, I would suggest you get a boat with a new outboard for ease of service. Problems will still happen, but knowledgeable service will be easier to find.
I'm not retired and so have limited time at the boat. Don't want to spend the time I do have hinking with a bulky engine for two days. Understand routine maintenance but flat out unreliability is a different matter. The guy I hired has invested a bunch of his own time, unpaid, trying to keep this thing running. Got almost no time on the water the entire season. I'd sell it but no market for a Cat with an A4. What to do?