View Single Post
  #7   IP: 12.219.49.158
Old 03-11-2013, 04:52 PM
Afourian MVP

Quote:
Where are you? What are you planning on thinning out?
Hey Scuppers, we are practically neighbors. I am in Grand Rapids, MI across the lake from WI.

What I have is the motor in my boat, two complete motors (one I know runs and the other I just got) and a short block. The short block cylinders measured 0.010 over so it should be bored out and oversized pistons installed if it was going to be rebuilt. Of my three motors, the short block has a 2:1 reduction gear and the others are direct drive.

I am looking to pass on one of the running complete motors or the short block. I would be happy to swap the 2:1 from the short block if someone needed that.

The story is that I cleaned, painted and refurbished a motor last year. It was a motor that sat in someone's garage for at least 30 years and it had remakably little wear so I did not need to rebuild it. I got the short block in the same deal and started to strip it down to rebuild. While looking for parts to complete a rebuild, I ran across a late model that was a running take out. The price was so good I couldn't say no and I ended up with the 4th motor.

So I am starting to go to work on the running take out. But the A4 lasts so well that I think that one or maybe two spare motors should last my sailing lifetime. And weirdly enough, my wife wants to park in the garage. So there you have it.