View Single Post
  #5   IP: 70.186.109.11
Old 04-09-2018, 11:15 PM

Strangely enough, my boat has no chain locker built into the deck. Not that it was glassed over, there just is none.
Done lots of anchor reading and I'm impressed with the Rocna myself.

I do like that cover design though. The floor is also much more interesting with the wood tone than just plain scuffed up white.
I do not have those small hatch doors on the floor. Only one I have is bilge pump door under the ladder.

I suspect this boat was totally setup for racing at some point in the past.

It has the folding propeller, the setup for big balloon spinnaker with the required additional winches and attachment points, and the whisker pole.

There is a gold colored plate on on the interior cabin that says
"3rd place, 1979".

I only know the partial history of the last 3 owners. No idea how it got from California to New Orleans.

Owner 3 had it for years and loved it. He supposedly took good care of it and always refused to sell it until the day came where he had 3 sailboats and had to get rid of one. The Ericson was the one to go.

Owner 2 was a student who figured out that living on a sailboat was cheaper than renting an apartment. He did nothing with it besides sleep in it, until he didn't need it anymore and put it up for sale. He left a small microwave in the galley.

Owner 1 was an older gentleman. Turns out he already had a boat and wanted the slip the Ericson was in. Seems that particular marina is a highly desirable location and slips never come open. He bought the boat for $4500 just to get the slip.

He spent a little effort trying to get the motor running but wasn't the mechanical type. He gave up on fixing it and put it on Craigslist for $2000.

I bought it.
You know the rest.
Hull #61
Atomic 4

Last edited by CajunSpike; 04-09-2018 at 11:30 PM.