View Single Post
  #13   IP: 137.103.82.227
Old 05-20-2020, 07:22 AM
Afourian MVP

Thanked 1,026 Times in 721 Posts
Some other tools to consider:
1. A strap wrench. I sprained/strained my wrist trying to get a Racor element off. A strap wrench will do this and oil filters too no problem.
2. Ratchet wrenches. These are very useful for getting the exhaust flange off the manifold. I don't have a full set, but I do have 1/2" and 9/16".
3. An impact driver socket for the temperature sensor. If you haven't ever taken yours off, it probably isn't ever going to come off without this and a long breaker bar.
4. A "grabber" that can reach under the engine and pull whatever you dropped under there out. Not that I have ever done that....
5. A bunch of test leads with alligator clips. These are quite useful for electrical testing.
6. Hydraulic crimpers. I can put terminals on wire up to 2/0 or maybe 4/0 gauge wire in 30 seconds instead of running to the local battery store or using the Nicropress machine at West when they aren't looking.
7. An IR laser thermometer. These are cheap and very useful. Do NOT use them on people. I saw some government official on TV using it on people to see if they had Covid-19. Not only is shining a laser at someone's face rude, it is calibrated for the emissivity of metal, not skin. The reading will be WAY off.

Last edited by joe_db; 05-20-2020 at 07:25 AM.