View Single Post
  #13   IP: 108.168.37.23
Old 07-09-2018, 11:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam View Post
Your "Holly" pump is either a knockoff or a rebranding of the Facet posiflow pump 42S. My friends boat has the Facet version [About $50US] mounted on the engine in place of the original mechanical pump and it has worked well for many years. I have used the older "cubed" version for 20 yrs and just replaced it and is mounted next to the engine below the tank on the wall. Pump rated the same 1.5 - 4psi and my new Marshall [Liquid filled] gauge shows a fairly steady 2.75 psi. I'm told the air filled gauge needles might jump around. The Moyer Facet pump I am sure is a more substantial designed pump.. I just used what I had good experience with in our short Midwest sailing season and could easily upgrade if needed and might one day. Some where on the Facet web page they had a list of rebranded pumps- you might want to check. If you paid 15 - 25$ then it is probably a Chinese knockoff.
Thanks for the note. I paid $133 CAD for the pump and the gauge. I needed it quickly so no time to bargain hunt or wait for a shipment from the US. In time I'll replace it with the MMI pump.