View Single Post
  #13   IP: 107.0.6.242
Old 09-30-2015, 04:16 PM
Afourian MVP

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimF View Post
Can someone describe what holds the output coupling on? This part has me fearful of cutting the shaft coupler off, I just ordered a new direct drive output coupler ( I have the split coupler for the shaft already), but I am afraid of damaging something between the two couplers in cutting the shaft coupler off.

I just am wondering what is between the two pieces, is there some sort of nut on the shaft side of the output coupler?
If you have conceded the loss of the output coupling the plan is simplified. If you try to make a cut at the junction of the couplers with a sawzall or other such tool there is the risk of hitting the nut and shaft. From the look of that picture a better plan would be to first attack with cold chisel where the coupler is rusted and cracked with the view of destroying it and freeing the shaft. Then cut the heads off the three cap screws (forget ever getting a wrench on them). Next try to drive the chisel between the coupler halves with a view to separating them and exposing the remains of the screws.