View Single Post
  #7   IP: 71.118.13.238
Old 08-27-2008, 04:05 PM
Afourian MVP, Professor Emeritus

Thanked 1,298 Times in 844 Posts
Wink Blower hoses

Michael, I had an E-27 for a few years and worked on many. From the factory the hoses were all over depending on what the rest of the equipment options were. If you reverse your Cowl vents on the transom (by name only intake to exhaust and exhaust to intake) you should be OK. The gap between "B" & "C" is where the blower should be mounted, preferably closer to the cowl vent near the transom. You don't want the blower exposed to the fumes you are trying to vent a "SPARK" inadvertantly in the engine box if it is full of fumes always GOES BOOM!!! The Intake should ba as low as possible and the vent on the upper starboard side should be the fresh air intake side from the cowl on the transom. Cut a hole in the side of the box as low as you can for hose "C" to get the suction side as low as possible "IN THE ENGINE BOX".

I have been running a gas powered A-4 for 30+years and since it is GAS (very flamible) I always run my BLOWER FULL TIME WHEN THE ENGINE IS RUNNING!!!!!!!!!!!! It keeps the cabin clear as well as keeping a constant positive fresh air flow around the engine. I feel this is a good safety practice.

Dave Neptune
Volador E-35 Mk II