Thread: Sos dan buoy
View Single Post
  #18   IP: 71.181.37.6
Old 03-23-2012, 11:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sastanley View Post
old-sailer, Everything at WM is full retail. Their business model is designed for the weary traveler that just barely made it to shore at the nearby marina and needs x, y, & z to keep going. Those guys will gladly pay retail for anything in the store. I'll admit, you cannot beat the convenience of have them sprawled out all over the country.

The rest of us learned that WM also accepts 'price match documents'. Find a reputable business, print out the exact item that you want from WM (sometimes they check part numbers), and they will accept the price. Defender is always a good one to use, as they are regularly a few $$ cheaper than WM on identical items, but I've used others before too.

That Forespar pole Neil linked to is a perfect example...print out the Landfall Navigation sheet (close scrutiny shows that the manufacturer part number of 202019 match, so it is in fact the same item & WM has to accept it) & take it WM to conveniently get your pole locally for $138.

I am now known as the 'price match guy' at my local WM. I hardly ever walk in there without something I've printed out to save a few $$.
The problem with WM is that although they will price match Defender, they
also add shipping charges from Defender as well.
I try to buy from Defender
regardless because only they and a few others are keeping WM from charging
the full bore all the time. If they go out, then there will be few alternatives. Besides, where I live, I get deliveries from Defender
in usually 1 day by UPS.

Regards
Art