View Single Post
  #28   IP: 204.136.203.137
Old 07-25-2019, 03:36 PM
Frequent Contributor

I feel like a Dumb A_ _ !!!!

So after everything we have discussed in this thread I have to say I feel really stupid....As it turns out I have the 3.7 470 not the 3.0 140??? Why I thought it was a 3.0????I don't have an answer for that one. So all the issues remain the same but it is a 3.7 not the 3.0, all I can say is wow on my part. But with that said I have done a few things here and there as I get time but here is where I'm at now. I think we have determined the water leak is at the weep hole in the water pump/timing chain housing due to the failed lip seal, but while trying to determine this I lost fire, replaced the points and condenser but not the ignition coil. I did a OHM test on the coil and I think it is bad (again) this will be the 3rd one without even running it for long periods of time. Not sure what causes them to burn up so fast. I'm thinking that the lost compression on #1 may be due to a valve stuck open but I have not got to that just yet. I So once I get the coil replaced and get the water leak fixed I will move on the the compression issue, fingers crossed it is a valve stuck. I have no evidence of water in the cylinder or the oil so not sure where else to look. I will update again once I get repairs done.