View Single Post
  #8   IP: 174.24.203.230
Old 05-24-2010, 04:51 PM

So, I have all new hoses.

This morning I dropped by the boat for a few hours. I picked up a fitting from the hardware store that threads onto a garden hose, and has a hose barb on the other side.
I used that to connect the out side of the waterpump to the garden hose (note I added a ball valve behind the hose barb) and then disconnected the water injection to the stand pipe and placed that hose in an empty bucket.

Slowly opened the water flow and not much happend, but a few seconds later a bunch of black water came out spitting out. Then the flow increased and was more of a brownish. I flushed for a few minutes and clear water was coming out.

I tried reinstalling the old impellar. It gave marginal water output in the exhaust. Now the stand pipe ( like a waterlift) should hold a couple gallons and then the exhaust hose could hold 1-2 more so I let the engine run. After a minute or so I got some water out of the exhaust, but not a lot. More than a trickle but not the normal spurts I see on other boats.

1st thing in the morning I'm going to put in a new impellar and see what happens.

As it sits right now I'd guess I'm sucking a gallon a minute from the bucket.