View Single Post
  #6   IP: 174.192.5.237
Old 02-12-2020, 09:46 AM

Thanks a million Dave for the help. I just got the head back from the machine shop who magna fluxed and resurfaced it. As all but one of the studs stayed in the block I guess I will remove them and do as you describe to prep the threads and thread holes in the block. As I am doing the job in the cramped Pearson 30 and am fearful of breaking off any bolts or manifold studs what is your opinion as to should I attempt to remove water jacket side plate and manifold to clean them or just reassemble the head and acid flush the engine.
I have cleaned out as much as possible the ports in the block from above with stiff wire and wire brush thingies and shop vacuumed with a straw down through the ports and removed quite a bit of debris. I am inclined to reassemble without going deeper into things for now and saving for transitioning to fresh water cooling and a total rebuild once I have put aside funds to do so. Many other jobs to complete on this boat separate from the engine so time and funds need to be balanced. Thanks again for good advice.