View Single Post
  #9   IP: 24.15.42.198
Old 07-30-2020, 09:41 PM
Afourian MVP

Well, you have an impressive list of work done with replacements etc. I also vote for the installation of a liquid filled 0-15ps1 fuel pressure gauge and fitting between the carb and fuel pump [total about $35]. So far you have received a lot good logical advise and I would like to hear the results of running off an auxiliary tank. With a 1967 Cal 36 you have an early model A4 with the small Prestolite distributor [condenser screwed on outside]. If you would like to humor me pull the points plate from the distributor and check the springs and advance weights for proper function, even change springs [moyer] if they are original. Also, the little screw that holds/grounds the condenser may not be original and if the threads are a little too long they penetrate the housing wall and mess up the mechanism.

I have a friend with a restored 31 Chevy with a simple distributor with a manual cabal advance. The cable slipped and wasn't advancing the timing. The engine ran fine in neutral but bogged down under load [going up small hill etc]
The Following User Says Thank You to Sam For This Useful Post:
outoftheblue (07-31-2020)