View Single Post
  #16   IP: 173.177.148.221
Old 08-22-2010, 06:57 PM

Smile

Many thx for your comments and suggestions.
You were right...

The gas vendor of my yacht club had made a mistake... He has filled in the club's diesel tank with gasoline, and the gasoline tank with diesel..... I was the first sailboat to refuel just after a complete cleaning of the two tanks of the yacht club. It has been explained to me that all the lines have been cleaned, but my issues have appeared suddenly just after having refueled...
Therefore, without knowing that, I had decided first to drain this apparently contaminated fuel and replace by gasoline coming from a public gas station.

This weekend, I have completely disassembled, cleaned and reassembled the carb. And... Everything's working very well, and back to normal - just very little fumes and just very little stains of oil/gas on the surface of the water. I'm still waiting for the wellknown Marvel Mistery Oil ordered on the Moyer Marine web site. And I'm so happy to get back with an A4 in good condition after such a headache.

I could attend the next weekly regatta on Tuesday ;-)

Next step, I have to fix my slipping clutch on forward gear... winter project! I have already found numerous relevant info on the forum, and very happy to know that you are, all of you, a great source of experiences.

Thanks you'all
Didier
Tiree-C&C27mkII