View Single Post
  #1   IP: 173.177.148.221
Old 08-16-2010, 07:31 PM

White smokes+gasoline+black spark plugs

I have a 1973 C&C27MkII, and I am a new member located in Montreal, Canada.
I am having very recent problems with my A4: it's suddenly smoking a lot of gray/white smokes, gasoline is ejected by the exhaust, and my new spark plugs are already very black and wet.

During this last weekend, I have checked the compression (which is the same into the four cylinders - 90PSI), changed the spark plugs, checked&adjusted the distribution and the carburetor. And following that, I have completely drain and changed the possibly contaminated gasoline, checked the gas filter, drain the carburetor, cleaned the air filter and completely drain and changed the oil.

At the bottom line, the engine starts very well, and runs properly. But...

It's always smoking a lot of gray/white smokes AND gasoline is ejected by the exhaust pipe AND the brand new spark plugs are already very black and wet.

That being said, the bosun of my yacht club has given to me a white paste used to check if there's any water on the electrode of each spark plug; this paste remains white - the test is negative. That means, if the test is efficient and relevant, there's no water in the combustion chambers, and so, probably no necessity to change the head gasket.

Does anybody have any suggestion? Thanks in advance for any help or info.

Didier
Tiree-C&C27 MkII
BYC - Montreal