X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Naileyou
    • Jun 2020

Wiring help

Ladies and gentlemen I bought a boat with a universal Atomic 4 engine it was seized so I went out and bought another Universal or no point in changing the engine compartments around to suit something that can be fixed with the same product.
    I would appreciate it if the Forum please walk me through wiring my engine to start without a key and an ignition switch.
    I would like to start with the alternator all wires then going to the ignition coil.
    Attached Files
  • Peter
    Afourian MVP
    • Jul 2016

A wiring diagram is attached.

I presume you wish to start the engine out of the boat to get it tweaked before installing.

When I did this I had some standard house light switches laying around that I used - worked like a charm.

I would encourage you to use a switch of some kind to reduce the chance of you leaving the power to the coil on by accident.

Hope that helps,

Peter

PS - you may prefer this http://www.moyermarineforum.com/foru...3&d=1594171083
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Peter; 07-30-2020, 07:57 PM.

Comment

• JOHN COOKSON
      Afourian MVP, Professor Emeritus
      • Nov 2008

Remember to have the spark plug wires in the correct firing order 1, 2, 4, 3.
      I was getting crosseyed looking at the picture. Are 2 & 3 spark plug wires correct or are they interchanged?

ex TRUE GRIT

Comment

Working...
      X