View Single Post
  #31   IP: 174.94.46.99
Old 02-27-2012, 03:11 PM

I used to use it in my 1962 Pontiac. Back then it was a good product, like Fram oil filters, I used them also. Since then though, like many of these companies, they have changed hands and STP is now facing some controversy as to its effectiveness. Like Fram, now owned by Allied Signal is one of the poorest oil filters made according to the recent tests.

There are many of these popping up using what were once good names and now selling questionable products under those names. Singer, who once made good sewing machines is now appearing on late night TV selling hand machines of limited value. Dewalt, one of the best shop tools around went bust and the name picked up by Black and Decker. The new Dewalt tool line is just B&D's Pro line which no one would buy but now Dewalt is flying off the shelves at greatly inflated prices thanks to marketing and consumer unawareness. Bell and Howell is another one. The list goes on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ball Racing View Post
STP may still, but used to have some additives that helped against wear, scuffing, etc. that was a bonus to add to some oils.
And I think it used to have zinc in it too,
For a while I used it as a assembly lube.