View Single Post
  #19   IP: 206.125.176.5
Old 05-03-2013, 10:02 AM
Afourian MVP

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marian Claire View Post
Shawn you know where I am if you need a second pair of eyes. If I remember my glasses that is. Dan S/V Marian Claire
Dan, thanks. I think we talked about this when you were in town. I just need to take the time to replace the filters, which I haven't done yet this year, then clean the carb, & I should be good to go. I always do things in the wrong order (clean the carb, and then do stupid stuff like leave known old/dirty filters in place because I am cheap) and then kick myself for it later. I know I should replace the filters to make sure I get clean gas to the carb...then clean it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Neptune View Post
I just converted to compression type fittings, no problem for the last 20 years or so. I even have a coil of 1/8" copper and extra farrel's in my ditty box! I use the 1/8 on my vac gage too so extra parts are ready for it to from the "ditty box".

Dave Neptune
Dave, I have a hose barb on the end of my vac gauge...how do you get rid of that & turn it into a compression fitting? I even went and bought a roll of copper tubing.. I guess I need to do a little disassembly of the gauge. I have all the parts for the engine side, I just gotta figure out the gauge side now.
"Holiday" - '89 Alura 35 #109
"Twice Around" - '77 C-30, #511 with original A-4 & MMI manifold - SOLD! (no longer a two boat owner!!)
http://www.moyermarine.com/forums/signaturepics/sigpic3231_6.gif

Last edited by sastanley; 05-03-2013 at 10:05 AM.