View Single Post
  #104   IP: 173.67.45.252
Old 05-07-2019, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe_db View Post
Like so:
You adjust the valve for a little water flow from the vent line, you want about 90% of the water going through the exhaust. This is kind of like the pee hose on an outboard except the main reason the outboard has one is so you know it is pumping water.
Could that "pee hose" join back into the exhaust back where it exits the boat do you think? I'd make sure to use metal parts and high temp hose. That prevents a new hole in the boat or having to always leave the galley drain thru-hull open.

You might even be able to pierce the exhaust hose just before it exits the boat, insert the "pee" hose and let the end of that pee hose extend all the way out till it hits air behind the boat. Then, seal that little hose hole with some industrial high-temp sealant and wrap it expertly. Better yet, get a shop to solder a brass tube into a "t-fitting" and attach the other half of the 'pee' hose there. See my drawing... Anyway, just thinking out loud. I'm an Industrial Designer. It's my job to come up with wacky ideas...lol...
Attached Images

"Who is staring at the sea is already sailing a little."

1968 C&C Invader 36' / Late Model Atomic4
https://www.tumblr.com/sherloch7