View Single Post
  #6   IP: 98.165.207.17
Old 04-02-2018, 06:14 AM
Afourian MVP

OK here is my speech:

I follow a few forums on boats, golf carts, and antique tractors, which are my interests, and these forums are invaluable in gaining insight on how to keep my various toys running and reliable.

But I also learn other stuff about the quality of the people that post. In other forums it is not unusual to see nasty words creep in, or stupid arguments that won't go away, or a ..

to should be a too or a two
and your should be a you're
and there should be a their or a they're
or paragraphs without commas or periods
etc, etc....

But not on this forum. By far and away the best how-to forum on the web. Not only are afourians kind, considerate, well spoken and well written, but also very knowledgeable and trustworthy.

Credit should be given to Don Moyer, who very early on set the tone of the forum, that has persisted, thankfully, to the present. He and other forum regulars have a noble goal - to keep as many of these antique auxiliary engines alive and well; to keep us safely on the water in our boats that are old, but not yet taking up space in a landfill.

Finally I would like to thank Bill our moderator for doing a fantastic job, Neil, Ed, Lat64, Joedb, tenders, Hanley, Mo and others sharing your wealth of knowledge. I take my election into the MVP club seriously.

Last edited by zellerj; 04-02-2018 at 06:16 AM.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to zellerj For This Useful Post:
Administrator (04-02-2018), Dave Neptune (04-02-2018), Oldlaxer1 (04-03-2018), rkohl44 (04-02-2018), sastanley (04-02-2018), Whippet (04-04-2018)