View Single Post
  #17   IP: 206.125.176.3
Old 05-03-2011, 10:31 AM
Afourian MVP

Thumbs up

pallen58..if that is you hiking your tail off in your avatar and you rigged it, you can likely do the carb. Moyer's instructions are so thorough I cannot imagine how painstaking it was to write them down, which makes life easy for people like us.

Other supplies to have handy...compressed air (compressor or the little computer cans) carb cleaner, Qtips..razor blade or your favorite pocket knife (for cleaning the gasket surfaces) & some other various wrenches, screwdrivers, needle nose pliers, & safety glasses!! (watch out when you squirt the carb cleaner) - A clean work area is important too..work on a nice clean surface (cardboard or a clean bench..my bench is a wreck, so I put something clean on top of it!)

I like to order my parts from Ken early in the week so they arrive before Friday, and then get to the task early on a Saturday morning at the workbench before I get distracted by butterflies, pretty girls and beer.
"Holiday" - '89 Alura 35 #109
"Twice Around" - '77 C-30, #511 with original A-4 & MMI manifold - SOLD! (no longer a two boat owner!!)
http://www.moyermarine.com/forums/signaturepics/sigpic3231_6.gif