View Single Post
  #7   IP: 70.186.109.11
Old 04-09-2018, 11:41 PM

Between the time I saw this hull for sale and today, I've done tons of reading on the manufacturer. Except for window leaks, possible 'soft' back side of the keel(don't hit it with anything because the glass is somewhat thin), and a few accounts of wet deck spots that had to be fixed, I haven't found anybody who says that Ericson sucks.

On the other hand I've read many decent reviews and evaluations which say this is a good solid hand built boat that will get you where you want to go.
Sometimes the best boat to have is the one thats not known as the worst.

I found a 30' Irwin that had taken on a couple feet of water and was for sale cheap, although it was far from me.
When I started reading about that make, I ran into comments like 'save your money, you can do better'.
That got shot down pretty quick.

I'm with you. These are all built to the same specs to do the same job.
The fact this particular hull has survived in the shape it is today, does show it was well built and somewhat well maintained for most of its life.

I'm trying to keep it going. Hey Neil, thanks for your personal interest.

This boat will never be beautiful, but if it leaves the dock I'm pretty certain it will return home safely when I'm done with it, if I have any say in it.
Thats the true measure of the value of any boat.

Behind the scenes my first name is Bill. Really am Cajun with a french last name.
Nice to chat with you.
Hull #61
Atomic 4

Last edited by CajunSpike; 04-09-2018 at 11:57 PM.