View Single Post
  #1   IP: 156.34.155.192
Old 08-25-2014, 07:26 PM

C&C Corvette (Hull #166) Original A4

Hello everyone! I am the proud owner of the C&C Corvette, Astral, she has been in our since her birth in the 70's. My grandfather was the first owner and after he passed away my aunt and uncle had her for a few years before deciding they did not have the time to use her. Now I find myself the owner of the good ship.

Anyway she does have the original A4 in her that she came with her. It is RWC at the moment, she has spent her whole life living in Lake Ontario up until this point, however now that I have moved her to New Brunswick and salt water I will be looking at changing the old girl over to FWC. She still sports the original water jacket exhaust. I don't know how well it runs yet, although I know when she was laid up 3 years ago she did so with a running engine.

When my uncle first dropped off the boat he tried to "help" me get he engine running although I now have a suspicion that his help may have caused our biggest fault. When first trying to start the motor we had a big gush of water come out of the carb. Now I believe this may have happened because my uncle I believe performed a dumb dumb move. We were running the cooling via the T in the raw water supply hooked to a garden hose. After hooking this up he used a rubber ball to block the outlet of the exhaust on the transom, I believe this may be why we had water come out the carb, must have had water back flow into the manifold. Anyway I am now in process of hooking everything back up an dgiving it another shot.